My whole family loves fried rice but when you order it at a restaurant it is so saturated in toxic seed oils! This recipe is just as good as the fried rice you would order at a restaurant but it’s so much healthier! It’s free of soy, gluten, and seed oils! And it’s so quick, easy, and healthy making it a perfect weekday dinner.
Healthy Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ large onion diced
- 1/3 cup carrots diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 cups cooked white rice that has been cooled ideally overnight you could also sub riced cauliflower or use 1 cup rice and 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat with avocado oil.
- Once warm, add the onions, garlic, carrots, and green onions. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until the carrots have soften. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet, add about ½ tbsp of avocado oil, and then the eggs. Season the eggs with a salt and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs for a few minutes and then add in the rice, coconut aminos, peas, sesame seeds, and sauted vegetables.
- Cook until the rice is heated through and browned.
- Serve and enjoy!