Are you looking for a delicious and healthy meal that’s easy to make? Look no further than this homemade vegetarian chili. Not only is it healthy and full of flavor, but the entire dish can be prepared in less than 40 minutes – perfect for busy weeknights! Whether you’re trying to eat more vegetables or just want something warm and comforting, this recipe is perfect for all occasions. With an array of spices, fresh veggies, beans and more, it’s sure to become your go-to meal when time is of the essence. So if you’re ready to whip up a nutritious dish, let’s get cooking!
I love to pair this homemade vegetarian chili with Danielle Walker’s Paleo Cornbread which doesn’t actually contain corn as it is paleo but you wouldn’t know it!
Homemade Vegetarian Chili
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- 4 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large can 28 ounces or 2 small cans (15 ounces each) diced tomatoes**, with their juices
- 2 cans 15 ounces each black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 15 ounces pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnishing
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar or lime juice to taste
- Garnishes: chopped cilantro sliced avocado, tortilla chips, sour cream or crème fraîche, grated cheddar cheese, etc.
And that’s how you make a delicious and easy vegetarian chili at home! Whether it’s a cozy night-in or a crowd-pleasing party dish, this simple chili is sure to please all your vegetarian friends. With just the right amount of spice and flavor, this delicious chili can quickly become one of your go-to dinners. Have fun experimenting with different toppings to make every bowl unique!
I can’t wait to hear what you think – so don’t forget to let me know how it turned out! Bon appetit.