Mexican food is my favorite kind of food. One of the amazing things about it is it is so easy to tweak to make it healthy.
These enchiladas are a staple in our house. They are delicious, healthy, and so easy to alter to fit the way you eat.
Healthy Vegan Enchiladas
- 1 can Black Beans
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Cilantro
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Radishes
- 1/4 Vegan Cream Cheese My favorite brand is Miyokos.
- 1 jar Enchilada Sauce Siete Green Enchilada Sauce is my favorite.
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Package Tortillas My favorite are the Siete Almond Flour Torillas.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the enchilada filling: In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini, garlic, black beans, taco seasoning, and spinach and cook until the zucchini is tender. (I like to leave a little bit of the onion and cilantro out to use as a topping at the end.
- Spread a 1⁄2 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9 × 13-inch baking dish. Fill each tortilla with about 1⁄2 cup of the enchilada filling. Roll the tortillas and place them seam-side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining 1 cup enchilada over the enchiladas, down the middle.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with the diced red onion, radishes, avocado, cilantro, and jalapeño, if using.