This vegan tortilla soup is a deliciously healthy variation of classic tortilla soup that you can make at home any time you get the craving. It’s vegan, packed with veggies, delicious, and easy to make!
Vegan Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced and deseeded
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium zucchinis chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups spinach chopped
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans black beans
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup kite hill cream cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 medium avocados sliced
- chips of your choice- my favorite are the Trader Joe's cassava chips
- Add avocado oil to a dutch oven. Once heated, add the onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion is slightly translucent.
- Add the zucchini, spinach, and beans, and saute for another 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Pour one cup of broth into a blender with kite hill cream cheese to combine.
- Stir in the broth, tomato, cream cheese mixture, lime juice, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro, avocado, tortillas chips, and additional lime juice to taste.