This paleo breakfast casserole is paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free and is loaded with flavor. Most breakfast casseroles that don’t have dairy or meat taste like they are missing something but not this one! This is hands down the best breakfast casserole I have had. It’s loaded with veggies and packed with flavor.
Paleo Egg Casserole
- 12 eggs beaten
- 2 containers mushrooms finely sliced (12 ounces)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 roma tomatoes cubed
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp herbamare or sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 1 avocado
- Cilantro microgreens
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Heat 2 tbsp avocado oil or ghee in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook the onions and mushrooms until they are soft.
- Stir in the green onion, basil, spinach, tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until the spinach is wilted.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl then pour egg mixture over the veggies in the cast-iron pan.
- Transfer the cast-iron pan to the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and the center of the casserole is no longer jiggly.
- Top with avocado and cilantro microgreens.