Are you looking for a delicious, hearty side dish that is gluten and dairy-free? Look no further! This paleo cornbread recipe will tantalize your taste buds while being nutritious and easy to make. Let’s break down why this is the ultimate side dish.
This tasty paleo cornbread has all of the flavors of regular cornbread without any grains, refined sugar or dairy. The secret ingredient is almond flour, which gives the bread a light texture and nutty flavor. The result is a flavorful loaf of cornbread that can be enjoyed by everyone at the table. No one will guess that it’s paleo!
I love serving this cornbread with this homemade vegetarian chili.
- ¼ cup palm shortening or ghee
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup light-colored raw honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 eggs
- 2¼ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon grain-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the palm shortening in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Swirl it around to coat the bottom and sides of the skillet, then pour the melted shortening into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the beater attachment, or use an electric handheld mixer. Place the cast-iron skillet back on the stovetop and keep on low heat.
- Add the almond milk, honey, and vinegar to the mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in after each addition. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the hot cast-iron skillet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the bread is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean when. Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack and serve warm.
- Once the bread has cooled completely, tightly wrap it in the pan and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Serve it chilled, or reheat it in the pan in a 300°F oven for 15 minutes.
With its nutty flavor and light texture, this gluten-free and dairy-free cornbread recipe is sure to please any palate. Plus, its versatility makes it perfect for those trying to maintain a healthy diet as well as those who are living with food allergies or sensitivities.