Looking for the perfect healthy cookie recipe for fall? Look no further!
These cookies came about after I got the Nutzzo Pumpkin Spice Nut Butter as my free gift with my Thrive Market order and I wanted to put it to good use. These Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies are a spin on my favorite Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe but it’s earthier, nuttier, less sugary, and perfect for fall.
I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup nuttzo pumpkin spice nut butter if you don't have pumpkin spice nuttzo, sub the original nuttzo butter or use 1/2 cup almond butter plus 1 tsp chia, 1 tsp flax, and 2 tbsp coconut sugar.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the wet ingredients together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together until well combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until a sticky dough forms. Add chocolate chips at the end and stir with spatula or spoon. You can chill the dough for up to 5 minutes if it’s too sticky to scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Form medium sized balls and place on cookie sheet. Press down lightly.
- Bake for about 10-12 in the preheated oven, or until cookies are set and start to crack.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheet for 5 mins, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.