This arugula and avocado salad with jalapeno vinaigrette is the perfect summer salad. It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s light, and it’s healthy. It is a perfect combination of flavors and textures. I found this recipe in a random magazine years ago and have been making it ever since. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Arugula & Avocado Salad with Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- ¼ cup pickling liquid from jar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 scallions thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 avocados sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the jalapeños and their liquid, the oil and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the arugula, radishes, cilantro and half of the pumpkin seeds, then toss. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the avocado.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, then sprinkle with the remaining pumpkin seeds.