These Matcha Mint Brownies are a healthier, grain-free, and dairy-free treat packed with chocolatey goodness! Add in mint and matcha and how could you go wrong? I can’t get over how good these brownies are. Fudgy, rich, minty, and delicious.
The matcha had some added health benefits and turns the filling green. No need for unhealthy food dyes here!
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe!
Matcha Mint Brownies
- ½ cup coconut oil If you don't love coconut flavor, use refined coconut oil.
- 1¼ cups coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cashew butter I usually make my own in my vitamix!
- 3/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp matcha powder
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line an 8X8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. coconut sugar, and cocoa powder and whisk until fully combined.
- Then add coconut sugar, cocoa powder, almond flour, and salt until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or just until the center is no longer giggly!
- Prepare a double boiler. Mix coconut butter and cashew butter over low heat until it is smooth and silky. Add peppermint oil and matcha. Stir until combined.
- Pour mint layer over the brownie once cooled. It should be thin enough to spread easily. Use a spatula to get the mint layer all the way to the sides and corners of the pan, then gently shake the pan to even out the top of the mint layer. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes while you make the ganache.