Chocolate chip cookies are hands down my favorite dessert. Throw in some matcha and some mint and it really doesn’t get any better than that!
Matcha has tons of health benefits so why not make these already healthier cookies even healthier?! Did you know matcha has 60 times the antioxidants than spinach?!
Matcha Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 egg room temp
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tbsp melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I always recommend lining cookie sheet with parchment paper when baking to avoid exposure to metals.
- Beat almond butter, coconut oil or ghee, coconut sugar, maple syrup, egg, and mint extract together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, matcha, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until a sticky dough forms. Add chocolate chips.
- Form dough into balls and place evenly onto parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten balls about half way.
- Bake for about 10-12 in the preheated oven, or until cookies are set and start to crack a bit on the top.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheet for 5 mins, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely, using a wide spatula. Enjoy!